« Home | Smokin' Smokey and Smiling Faces Beautiful PlacesO... » | Niagara Falls, Nature's WonderIn my previous post ... » | New York City, "I ♥ NY"The plan for this trip star... » | Salem,OR not Salem,TNAround mid of October I plann... » | San Jose, IT works!!Welcome to California!!! The l... » | St.Louis, BeerlandThis time I am going to take you... » | Miami & Orlando, Party time!!!Back again with trav... » | Indianapolis, Racing capital of the worldHi again,... » | Crossing the sea'sAtlast I put my foot on Uncle Sa... »

Happiest place on Earth, Shamu's land and Land of Blocks!!


Back to California. On a warm friday evening at 7:00 PM I boarded the flight which was bound to SFO. I reached SFO at around 9:40 PM. I was picked at the airport by S, P, A1 and A2. We drove back from SFO to S's house at Cupertino. By the time we reached our home A2 fell asleep and A1 was made to go to bed immediately after reaching home. Once they slept S, P and I started packing our bags for our trip to LA and San Deigo. After sleeping we went to bed dreaming about the happiest place on earth.
Next day we woke up at around 4:30 AM and started getting ready for our road trip. At around 8 AM we left our house singing "Itzy bitzy spider went up the sprout...". But never did I realise that I was going to hear this song for the next full week. After going some distance we realised that wee forgot to take the route print outs from home. So we went back home and collected the route print out and headed towards south of California.
Soon we joined I-5 south to go towards LA. We went on I-5 for nearly 8 hours with a stop at a Indian restaurant near Bakersfield. We were surprised to see an Indian restaurant on an exit. Usually one always sees either a McDonalds or a Burger King in an exit. After having some delicious Saag Panner and roti's we continued to head south on I-5. At around 5:30 PM we reached Anaheim.
We had our hotel accomodation booked at a Comfort Inn at Anaheim. We were not sure if we should take that hotel as it was looking a bit shady. Another disaster that happend was while booking we did not mention non-smoking room. Hence by default we got a smoking room. We had a strong smell of cigarette when we checked in to our room. After some time, I am not sure if the smell went or we got used to the smell, We were'nt so sensitive to it anymore. On reaching the room A1 crashed in to bed after a tiresome gruelling 8 hrs drive. A2 was all fresh on reaching the hotel room. He had his share of sleep in the car itself. He utilized his idle time in car perfectly. A2 was busy with the Phone and chest of drawers that were present in the room. After having dinner we went to bed at 7 PM itself.
Next day we got up early and left the room by 8 AM. On reachng our destination we remembered that we forgot our tickets in the hotel room itself. So we went back again and picked up the tickets and headed back to our destination. This time we went to the happiest place on earth, Disney Land. Every child's dream place. On reaching Disney land, we parked our car and took the tram that takes us to the theme park from the parking lot. Inside Disney land we went to Fantasy land. After going on a few rides such as Peter Pan flight, Casey Junior circus train, Story book land canal boats, we got to see some awesome vintage cars parade that were built in the early 20th century. After enjoying the how we went to a ride called "It's a small world". This ride was very colourful and very nice ride. The people are made to sit in a boat and boat goes through dolls from different places on the world. The whole trip has the same song and song's language changes according to the place that the doll represents. This ride is a sure must see at Disneyland, Anaheim. Later we took a joy ride in the train and after lunch we went for the Snow white and 7 dwarf's stage show.
The snow white and the 7 dwarf's stage performance is surely one of the best performances that I have seen until now in my life. There was so much planning the show which amazed me. The show was for almost 30 mins. After the show we went for a few more rides and later we near a pond to find ourselves place to watch the fireworks and laser show. The show started once it became dark. The light show was teriffic. A story was being depicted and a few scene's were projected on a fountain. The show was really breath taking. Once the show was over there was mind blowing display of fire works. After the show we went back to hotel and immediately crashed into our beds to charge ourselves back for another day of enjoyment.
The next day we woke up early and vacated the hotel by 8:30 AM. After vacating we headed toward California Adventures which is a part of Disney land amusement park. Went took fast pass and completed a couple of rides fast, after lunch we went to "It's a bug's life" section of the park. The first show that we went was a 4D show of insects and bugs. This show too good. You get to see the insect in 3D and also feel the insects and smell them too. Then we went on a few more rides and started heading towards San Diego.
We reached San Deigo in the evening, meanwhile A1 missed our hotel room in Anaheim. On checking in at Quality Inn, A1 changed his mind and started to enjoy his new hotel room by jumping on the bed and encouraging his brother, A2 to also jump. After a long jumping session both A1 and A2 were tired, later we had our dinner at Benihana which was present right next to our hotel. After dinner we went to bed as we knew that it was going to be a long day.
The next day we woke up early again and left the room by 8:00 AM and headed to see Shamu and his fishy friends. We reached Sea World, San Deigo on time and went straight to check the show timings of Shamu the whale. We found that we had to wait for the first show of the day, so tried to go to the sea lion show but on the way we got distracted by the dolphins and missed the sea lion show in a whisker. Later we saw the sea lions which were in a seperate tank. We even fed the sea lions with fish which was sold there. Later we went to Shamu's arena as it was time for the show. We found some awesome seats in the 5 row in the soak zone. At the end of Shamu's show, Shamu splashed water on people, I am sure what vengence it had on us, it stoped in front of us and splashed water with its tail fin for almost 5-6 times and made sure we were all drenched head to toe. Meanwhile A2 and A1 got scared because of the amount of water that was splashed at them, so P had to take them up and enjoyed the remainder of the show. Later we went to the circus, Sea lion show and Dolphin show. In between these shows we had a chance to touch Star fishes and see Sharks, beluga Whales, Walrus and many more fishys. After a tiring day at Seaworld we left back to the hotel.
On the next day, we were a bit relaxed. We left the htel by 9:00 AM and reached Lego Land by 10 AM. Lego land was a the favourite of A1. There were a lot of animals that were made using the Lego blocks. Most of the rides are well suited for kids of ages 5 yr and around. We went on a lot of rides and the best onee I liked was being fire men. We had to pump our fire engine to go to a house on fire and then spray water at the fire until it goes off and return back pumping the fire engine again. It was great fun to do it.
Later we went around the park to see various cities such as Manhattan of NYC(Pic), SFO, New Orleans, Washington D.C, Daytona Speedway, Kenedy Space Center, Melbourne Opera house, Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower etc., that were made out of Lego blocks. Some of the formations were jaw dropping. Later we went to a build and test stall where we were given four wheels and we should come up with our one car using the Lego blocks present there and race our car with the other cars built by others. S, A1 and myself came up with some wacky designs for our cars and raced our cars with other contenders. It was a fun excercise. Later we went for couple more rides and headed back to our room.
On returning ack to the room we watched TV for some time and then went to sleep. Next day we woke up and vacated the room and headed back towards Cupertino on I -5. This time also we found the same Indian restaurant on our way back and had our lunch at the Indian restaurant at Bakersfield. By the time we reached Cupertino, it was 6 PM.
The next 3 days I spent my time in S's house and headed back to Chicago on a hot Sunday after noon. On the flight back, I got some awesom aerial view of Golden gater bride and Lake Tahoe.

hey there,nice blog you got.do keep writing.thanks fer stoppin by at my page.

tnxx for stopping by KK!

Disney Land is one of my fav places to visit some day...yeah some day :)

Keshi.

Those were nice pics :-)

I'd loved to be there. I couldn't make it this time. I visited SF and the Golden Gate bridge and had good Indian food at Saravana Bhavan, SJ. I'll be leaving back to India this month end so may be in my next visit I'll visit DisneyLand :-(

@$1L>erB@Ck - Welcome to my blog. Thanks for your encouraging words.

@Keshi - Welcome Keshi!
Oh yeah, Disney land was one of the places that I wanted to visit since childhood, now I have fulfilled it :) Hope you do it too.

@Pavithra - Oh! I have heard a lot about the Saravana Bhavan over there but never got a chance to be there. Go to Disney land without fail during your next visit.

@Pavithra - Welcome to my blog. Please check here for my regular blog.

i love ur profile pic
calvin, dilbert, and bart imagine if they were to rule the world !!

wow, disney land.... u r having a great time. get more snaps :)

@Raghav - Welcome to my blog.
It would be real fun if calvin, dilbert, and bart were to rule this world.

@Smiley - Yup will upload soon.

i luv reading about trips and this was a great one. very detailed. and since i've been to all the places, i could relive my trips too :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You were very close to my home .Next time around stop by. I love disneyland and u never get tired of it.

Hey wow,
Looks like u had a blast!!
They have opened a disneyland in HK as well though I believe its not as good as the original...well ur snaps make me wanna go there anywayz!

WOW! Seems like u had a gr8 time.. Made me wana go to disneyland..

:)

..Me

Thanks for visitng my blog KK.
It is indeed an adventure to be at disney. Never visited, but it sin for the future later.

@Balaji - Welcome to my blog!
Nice to know that my post has made you relive your trips!! Hoping to see you around :)

Please visit my other blog too.

@Starry nights - Welcome!!!Oh was I close to your home? Next time will surely drop by your home :)

@Anand - Welcome!!! Oh yeah I had a blast :)
That's news to me that they have opened a Disney land at HK, oh sure check out the disneyland at HK and let us know how it is... :)

@Rose - Welcome!!!Yup, had a great time :) Make sure to visit Disneyland some time, hope it happens soon :)

@Priya - Welcome!!!
It surely is fun to be at Disneyland, do visit it some time in future, hope that day comes soon :)

Thanks for sharing your experiance in California, its my dream to visit the California and wish to enjoy in Disneyland and Hollywood. i have watch the Sea Lion's show in Dolphine City, near Chennai, it was ver nice when the Sea Lion's pore water on the people.

I LOVE your template, it's just so summer, care to tell me where you got it?

@Jeevan - Nice to know you enjoyed reading my California visit. I have heard about the sea lion show near Chennai, but never got a chance to see it.

@Flora Pang - Welcome!!
I got the template from here

awesoem pics!

nice photos. Aama, insects smell panradha? Are you sure you want us to do it? Naanga ellam ordinary mortals-nga..:))

Btw, A1 and A2 bed-e parthadhillaya life-la? ;-)

@White Forest - Thanks! Welcome here!!!

@Usha - Welcome!!
Insect smell super'a irukum...try panni paarunga... :)
A1 and A2 are my 4 and 1.5yr old nephews :)

nice post buddy.. nice to know that you had a g8 time in California. Living in So. Cal, I got bored with all these places. Sea World is fun though..

8 hrs to drive from SFO to LA is loooooooong.. looks like you got caught in LA traffic.. I have never tried the Indian place though I have noticied it many times..

Thanks dude!! We took 8 hours because we had kids onboard. Moreover we were caught in the LA traffic too.

Welcome here!!!

wow disney maniac huh ! :)
musta had a great time

Disneyland makes me a kid all over again, I love it soooo much :) Nice travelogue you've got here.

omg lego is fascinating.. when i have enough money ... i m gonna have a whole room with like a little lego city .. its on my list of things to do before im 40 :P

@Vibhor - Welcome here!!! Hope to see you around :) Yup Caifornia was surely fun filled :)

@Ajay - Not exactly a Diney maniac... but always wanted to go there :)
Welcome here!!! Hope to see you around :)

@Life Lover - Yup, Agree with you that Disney brings the kid in each one of us :)
Welcome here!!! Hope to see you around :)

@Isha Reddy - Welcome here!!! Hope to see you around :)
Wow! your wish seems amazing. Hope it gets fulfilled soon :)

Someday I will visit Disney land...someday! A wishfull thinking.

Very Nice blog. Good posting with nice pictures. It's very interesting to have some saag paneer with roti in California.:)

thala why no oor suthifying inthe last few months/???

i too amaze d by disneyland when iwas youn i always wanted to goi there gr88 post u have of disneyland good work and well described

Wow, that sounds like an exciting trip.. one day i too shall visit these places!!

came here thru Vidya's blog!!

Post a Comment